Sat, 09 Sept|
Chattern Hill Orchard at Southside
Orchard apple picking day
Come join us for our annual apple picking harvest in the Chattern Hill orchard, in Bedfont Lakes' Southside site (south of the railway line) off Challenge Road, Feltham. A chance to pick some free local apples straight from the tree, and press them into juice.
Time & Location
09 Sept 2023, 12:00 – 15:00
Chattern Hill Orchard at Southside, Challenge Road, Feltham TW15 1AX
About the Event
What to bring with you
- A reuseable bag to take home your apple haul in
- An empty bottle to take home some fresh pressed concentrated apple juice
No need to register, just turn up!
Address: Challenge Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 1AX
Situated within the Southside site, this area is separated from the main park by the railway line and is only accessible via Challenge Road.
This hidden gem of a site also hosts Chattern Hill Lake, a vast array of flora and fauna, and a recently extended walk around the whole park. There is an off-lead dog exercise area as you enter the pedestrian gate.
The ground conditions in and around the orchard is grassy and bumpy. There are no toilets located on site.
Parking on the road is very limited so we advise arriving by active travel. Alternatively the 117 bus stops close by.
Arriving on foot:
- When you turn onto Challenge Road from Feltham Road, there is a narrowed pedestrian access point almost immediately, at the fork of Challenge Road and Shield Road.
- Once through the metal gate, follow the path until it forks just after a metal fence.
- Turn right to follow a track between the metal fence and a wooden fence, and the orchard will soon be on your left.
Arriving by car, and accessible entrance:
- Proceed down Challenge Road for 0.2 miles.
- Enter the blue gates on the left hand side and park where the road opens out into a rectangular tarmacked area.
- Proceed up the track, turning left where the tracks fork near a lake. The orchard will be on your right.